Howdy! Welcome to the home for All Erin Wright Author Knowledge. 😄 Here are current, happening-now offerings:
One-on-one Consultations – If you'd like to book a consultation with me where you and I sit down via Zoom for an hour and we discuss everything you want to know about being a successful Wide author, this is where you'll make that happen. I am booked quite far out (Sorry! 😢) but do know that there is no "end" for my calendar, so if you're scrolling forward, looking for an open date and finding nothing, just keep scrolling. You'll eventually find openings, I promise.
My four-part series on print – These are the classes I'm currently teaching my way through. You can take these classes live by clicking on this link and registering for the next class I'm teaching; you'll receive a replay right away after taking the class.
~Classes Available for Replay~
I began teaching classes via Zoom starting in March of 2023, systematically working my way through the foundational knowledge that authors need to be a successful Wide author. This is an ongoing process, but as I finish teaching these classes live, I am making them available for replay. The replays are offered through our Circle group, so you do have to join Wide for the Win on Circle before you can take these classes.
Here are the steps:
- Sign up for Wide for the Win on Circle
- After you're signed up, you need to make sure you're logged into the group
- From here, you can:
- Click on Courses in the left-hand column (you can also find the direct link to Courses here); or
- Click on a specific course that you're interested in below
- You'll pay for the course inside of Circle, and access all course materials and replays inside of Circle
Here are the classes currently available for replay:
Wide Foundation Course – this covers the following topics and costs $59 USD:
- Distributor vs direct – what I suggest in which situation
- Wide algos vs Amazon’s algos – why long preorders are such a boon on Wide platforms; why switching between KU and Wide causes so many problems (both in terms of algos and working with Wide storefront employees)
- The four parts of the metadata that is always search indexed, and why that matters
- The fifth part of the metadata that is sometimes search indexed and sometimes not, and how to use that info when uploading books to storefronts
Wide Intermediate Part 1 – this covers the following topics and costs $79 USD:
- How searches work across platforms (demonstrated in real time)
- What you (probably) didn’t know about Kobo Plus
- In-house promos on Apple, Kobo, and BN, both for released books and preorders
- Promotions tab on GP to boost in-house sales + GP optimization tips
- Overdrive promos (whether you get to them through Kobo or D2D)
- Pricing your ebooks for libraries (a handy-dandy rule of thumb)
Wide Intermediate Part 2 – this covers the following topics and costs $79 USD:
- The why behind the success of free first-in-series promotions specifically for Wide authors
- How to advertise your free first in series (FIS) and keep the downloads coming (including paid newsletters, in-house promos, and cross-promos with other authors)
- Should you rotate between free FIS? How many should you have at a time?
- What is the difference between permafrees and newsletter magnets? Should you use the same book for both purposes?
- Using multi-author boxsets to promote your catalog to new readers
BookBub Prep Class – this covers the following topics and costs $99 USD:
- Applying for a BookBub Featured Deal – the kind that tends to be the most useful, how to increase your chances of getting one, etc.
- Now that you have one, how to prepare. Should you stack other paid newsletters around it? Should you discount other books in the series? Should you change backmatter? What about in-house promos? Swapping with other authors? Let’s go through it all.
Radish Tips & Tricks – this covers the following topics and costs $49 USD:
Take you from knowing nothing to thriving on Radish in less than 90 minutes
Give you every tip and trick Fiona uses to succeed on the platform
Set you up for success on the site
This class is for:
- Steamy romance authors – the steamier, the better
- People who are new to Radish – either already on the platform and making bupkis, or not even on the platform yet
- Authors who have a large back catalog and are wanting to maximize the income from those books, instead of just letting them languish